La Crosse County Sharps and Medication Disposals
The safest way to dispose of a used needle is to
immediately place it in a sharps disposal container to
reduce the risk of needle sticks, cuts, and punctures
from loose sharps. NEVER throw away loose needles
and other sharps in trash cans or recycling bins, and
never flush them down the toilet.
Are there indoor sharps containers that I can use? Call for more information on availability, accessibility, and limitations
1. Mayo Clinic Health System, 1303 S. Main St., 608-785-0940
2. Gundersen Pharmacy/Degen Berglun, 123 Hale Dr., 608-775-0831
3. Gundersen Pharmacy/Degen Berglun, 111 Sand Lake Rd. 608-775-0831
4. Mayo Clinic Health System, 191 Theater Rd. 608-785-0940
5. Gundersen Pharmacy/Cass Street, 528 Cass St. 608-775-0831
6. Mayo Clinic Health System, 800 West Ave. S. 608-785-0940
7. Well House 22H at Losey Blvd & Mormon Coulee Rd.